Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Sunday, January 4, 2009

On the road again...

Just like Willie Nelson, today we were on the road again (I really should try and get that on the blog playlist shouldn't I?).
We left beautiful Yosemite behind us at about 9:30.On the road we saw many signs for vista points but nothing seemed quite good enough to pull over for after having spent 3 nights in incredible Yosemite Valley so on we drove.
We found an A&W for lunch (an American fast food chain famous for it's root beer, although dad thinks it's root beer isn't that great, it's their fries that we like) and then after that our next stop was an American institution: Wal-Mart. Referenced in Gilmore Girls, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, South Park and so many more dad and I shared a fixation with the idea of visiting a real life one. And so we did, in the reasonably ugly city/town of Manteca. It's not that great really, like a large K-mart, maybe not even all that much bigger. How disappointing. Although what was not disappointing was that I finally found a pair of good boot-cut jeans there! So people, I am the "proud" owner of a pair of Wal-mart jeans. They aren't actually Wal-Mart brand but they're from Wal-Mart anyway,so it's what I'll nickname them. My Wal-Mart jeans. Maybe sometime in the near future I'll shorten that to my Wally's. That's a cool jeans nickname, don't you think? I have my Lucky's, my cords, my skinnies, my Kohl's and finally, my Wally's.
Afterwards we drove back to San Fran, well and truly in time for our Alcatraz tour at 5. Which was pretty cool by the way although dad and I think it would be better to go in daylight because then more sections would have been open and we could have stayed longer, rather than having to rush to the last ferry back. Will add photos later but dad's already sleeping and I should probably go to bed, it's been a long day. Remind me about the photos, 'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment