Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is it really too much to ask?

Here's my little rant of the day;
Is it really too much to ask for a nice fresh dump of snow for our last day skiing in Jackson Hole? Obviously it is because today we were treated to crust, ice, hard stuff and ridiculously large and randomly placed bumps. YAY! My favourite... In some parts it was so icy that I probably could have got a better run if you'd tipped Acacia Ridge Ice-Rink at an angle for me. Oh well, in some parts it was still pretty good. And guess who managed to bag herself some virgin corduroy at 3:30 in the afternoon on a day where it didn't seem like there was any virgin corduroy anywhere at 8am? That's right, me. I somehow managed to work a miracle. Ok, no not really, I just ducked off into this bit that isn't obviously a bit. On a cat-track. So not as much of a miracle as I made it out to be. Oh well... it still felt good!
Today was weird for temperatures. In the morning it was freezing. Zero degrees- farenheit. Which is like negative twenty celcius. Then it warmed up a bit. Then it cooled down again. Then it warmed up again. I think you're getting the pattern here.
Oooh ooh you know how I said the runs were bad. Yeah that ain't nothing compared to Pepi's Run. And no don't say "But isn't that a run?" because I refuse to accept that fact. That little strip of hell does not deserve the title of 'Run'. It is an icy, crusty, over heated, mega-bumpy, unpredictable, rocky, tree-y strip of "I hate this, get me out of here!". But, as always, the only way to get out was to stay on it. Joy! Pepi Must Die.
So after the skiing day was over we had to take all out stuff from the locker back to the apartment ready to pack (tear).
Then we got ready to go to dinner. We were going to finally try out the italian place but nooo it was closed for 'a private function'. Well miyeeeah (that's my whingy noise), fine then, be that way, we'll just go to the Moose! Huh, take that!
Anyway, not the point, on the way to discovering that the italian-place-that-we-didn't-even-want-to-go-to-anyway thought it was too good for us, we passed a gear shop and decided to see if there were any ski pants. See, my old ones went to my ankles (too short) and we'd been checking stores to see if we could find some new ones. We hadn't checked this store yet and thought, why not? And guess what, on the last night we're here, and after we'd finished skiing, we found some perfect ones! Creepy huh? Oh well, they'll be good for NZ and other future skiing trips. Wait, you know how I just said it was creepy? Nothing compared to this little tid-bit. They're Roxy brand. Which now means that I have Roxy skis, boots and pants and the really creepy part? None of that is because I deliberately sought out Roxy stuff- it all happened by complete coincidence! The boots were the best fit. The skis worked best compared to the others that I demoed. The pants I liked best and fit best but I didn't even notice that they were Roxy until after the money had been paid!
So that is pretty much the lay-out of our last full day in Jackson. It's been fun and exciting but I guess you've gotta return to reality some time right? The end of the booking seems as good a time as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment