Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It was totally nuking up there and other hardcore trammie slang...

Today we joined the league of Hardcore Trammies.
Ava-lungs, shovels- oh yeah they had it all.
We didn't but we stood next to them.
And pretended like they were just holding it for us because we're just too cool to carry our own stuff.
There was this one guy who we talked to who said he just did Rendezvous Bowl in 6 turns on teles. I nodded knowingly in an attempt to look like I thought was totally average.
"Oh right... I guess that's ok..."
When we finally got to the top of the tram it was "totally nuking" (yeah I can talk trammie) which is hardcore 6-turns-on-rendezvous-dude-language for oh my freaking god it is so scarily windy!!!!!!!! I couldn't walk the wind was blowing so hard. I kept thinking I would be blown off the edge of the unloading terminal. And that is totally something that I would NOT have wanted to happen because the edge of the terminal is the edge of a mega cliff or as dad suggested- the edge of the world.
So once I finally managed to move we got ourselves over to Rendezvous Bowl I took back my words. I changed them to;
"Oh right... 6 turns... which vat of radiovactive waste did you fall into?"
Because six turns to get down that thing? I think I did 6 in the first ten metres. And trust me- the bowl is well over 10m long. The freak covered 300m in 6 turns!!!!!!!!
Afterwards dad introduced me to Laramie Bowl- a slightly less daunting bowl that won big points from me before I even made a turn because it blocked out the wind. And I introduced dad to Paintbrush (the avalanche run). We ended up doing both twice.
So that was all the skiing action.
Then afterwards it was a normal afternoon, we ate at the Moose and yeah...

Note: We aren't actually part of the Hardcore Trammies because the Hardcore Trammies would never call themselves the Hardcore Trammies. They also would think nothing of 6-turns-dude.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie
    Glad you are enjoying the gnarly aspects of Jackson. Your dad should get some video of you on the bowls. Careful of mashed potato snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I know this is not the sort of comment one is supposed to put on a blog but can you check your dad and your emails each day as they are an easy way for me to send messages to you.
    love you dearly and hope you keep having fun
    love mum

    ReplyDelete