Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A lesson in oh damn that hurts my ego....

Today I actually woke up in time for the first lift! Because I was taking a lesson- an all day lesson.
So I turned up at the meeting place... outside the kids ranch, wrestled my way through the five year olds (it wasn't that hard seeing as they reached my knees in height) and walked up the hill to the top level section. They're called the Eagles! (hearing animal names for the ski groups made me so nostalgic, my, is that a tear in my eye?)
There was only one other person in my class. Guess how old she was? I'll give you a clue. Take my age and halve it. Yep, here's some maths for you. Take the number of countries I've skied in (4) and double that; number of countries she's skied in. Now take the ski class level I was in (9), add 0 and that's the level she was in. My salvation lay in the fact that I was taller than her and I still beat her down the hill every time... by about 15 seconds. Joy, my ego felt great!
In the lesson I got to do some pretty fun runs. Like you know how there was that guy who kind of... ceased to exist on this earth let's call it... when there was this, well, some people like to call it an avalanche...? Well you know that run that it was on? I kinda skied it... TEEHEE :D It was fuuuun!
Oh, something else that I learnt; I can own a 7 year old in a snowball fight. Yeah. That's something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment