Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grand Groomers

This morning we woke up ready for some fresh tracks. And no, disappointingly I don't mean there was a huge dump overnight. I mean we were going to ski some runs we hadn't skied yet because we were going to ski in a whole new resort.
Today we were bused over to Grand Targhee Resort on the other side of the Tetons just for a bit of variety. Like Jackson, it hadn't had much fresh so the groomers were the best bet for a smooth run but they were still some pretty sweet groomers. Besides, it was cool to see a new resort. It was much cruisier too so my status as one of the best on the mountain was returned to me (if only for a day).
There was this one chair and it was really creepy because there wasn't a bar on the chair. You had to grip the pole in the middle of the chair... for dear life, dear, sweet, grounded life. IT WAS SO CREEEEPY! Thank God for modern chairlift technology.
I taught dad how to say Sacajawea, you know, the Indian from the Lewis and Clarke Expedition? because one of the chairlifts was named after her (but I have a funny feeling he didn't teach me how to spell it...).
And we had all kinds of other fun there!
Tonight we ate our second last meal at Jackson (cue tears) at the Mangy Moose. We finally got seated on the second floor so we could get a closer look at those movie posters...
And that's about it. I probably would write more, but it's late. Maybe I'll add it later? Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment