Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Friday, January 9, 2009

Gee... there's a mountain under there!

My goodness... did you realise that at Jackson Hole there's a mountain? Because I'd never seen it until yesterday. But no, there it was rising out of the ground like some kind of majestic being. So we thought, well, since it was kind enough to make an appearance for us, perhaps we should go out and say hello.
And do you know what that non-foggy air also allowed us to see? Another St Peters person! Now come on, this is just getting ridiculous. Who's going to believe that storyline? Three different students from the same grade from Brisbane from St Peters in snowy areas at the same time? Naaaaah. Wait... if anyone has to believe this it should be me seeing as I actually saw it happen because, yes people, it's true. And yes, that also possibly could have been one of the longest ways of explaining something... ever.
So dad and I skied and that was about it... until we were at the bottom of Casper Chair and were hit with one of the biggest gusts of winds ever. Wow... there's a lot of superlatives in this post.
It was crazy, I went into the foetal position and dad well... I don't know but somehow he moved 10m... uphill.
So we turned in early. Then it was a pretty plain night. Oooh except we watched this really creepy movie about this alive house that tried to be this family's mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment