Huh?...

In 1968 June Carter and Johnny Cash released the song called "Jackson". The song is all about how they plan to go to Jackson (no duh Sherlock!), well that is just what dad and I are doing- we're going to Jackson (Hole) although not for the same reasons as June and John (that would be really sick...)!
I have heard from a third party that June and John were singing about a different Jackson but I have decided to overlook that, so ok, we're not "just like" June and John but, damn, it's a cool sounding blog title if I don't say so myself.

In our very exciting trip we will be leaving Sydney on the 29th of December for a city I love- San Francisco (San Fran to those in the know ;P). We'll spend 3 nights there and then drive to Yosemite, an apparently "amazing" (quote- parents) national park. There for 3 nights also, then back to San Fran for a night before we head to... you guessed it- Jackson Hole Ski Resort, Wyoming in the US of A. 2 weeks of OMG skiing and scenery before we return home.

Can't wait! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I'm going to LOVE experiencing it...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1, 2, 3... Zazoooooom

Guess what time I woke up yesterday? 5:30. Joy joy.
My only consolation lay in the reason; we were going to go snow-mobiling in Yellowstone National Park! So at 6am we got picked up and taken into town where we were fed and turned into black marshmallows. Well, what I mean is, we were put into big puffy suits. Then we were bused out to the park and put on the snowmobiles. Alright...


















Yeah, I wish. Nope sadly I am not in possession of a drivers license. Still, it was fun flying along in the back seat. Flying along at 60 miles per hour that is! Can anyone say ZaZoooom?
We saw bison, mud pools and Old Faithful. Old Faithful is this old geyser that goes off nearly exactly every 70minutes. It's crazy! I got a video which I would love to put up for y'all but it's on one of dad's cameras but he forgot to put the memory card in so the vid is in the camera's own memory drive and we don't have the tools to retrieve it from there right now.
Anyway it was really cool. I got to walk on a frozen lake but it was covered in like, 3 feet of snow so it was really funny, one of the people on the tour (she was 26 going on 12 :D) and I tried to run as far as we could in the snow before we tripped/fell/collapsed. We also stopped by a waterfall and there was this part you could either choose to walk down to (snore...) or bum-slide your way down the snow. No prize for guessing which option I chose! Hehe I went down four times. It was really tiring walking up again but it was soooo worth it! Hehe...
But our guide really went for it. He didn't choose either of the aforementioned choices. No, instead he decided to jump the line... literally! See, there's this one part where there isn't steps down or a smooth winding path for sliding, instead it kind of just drops, like a mini cliff. And our guide jumped, no, correction, he flipped off it!
So after all this excitement you can understand that we were both very tired! So we didn't really feel like cooking right? But going out to dinner takes so much effort! So take-out seems perfect right? And what's the most obvious take-out? Ok, no not chinese food. Second most obvious take-out? Pizza! Grat, because everywhere has somewhere that delivers pizza right?
Apparently not.
So poor daddy had to cook. And that is pretty much our day. Sounds pretty cool right? Except for the no pizza part though...

No comments:

Post a Comment